Etwas the Elf

Etwas the Elf
Our heroine, photo by Maia Ycot

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Etwas and the flea with a fiddle.

Once upon a time, Etwas the Elf was running through the forests of green grass, under the canopies of clover and around the stems of tall flowers when she came to a crossroads.  Standing there was a flea with a fiddle.

"Howdy, Mr. Flea!" Etwas said.

"Are you a demon?" the flea asked.

"No, I'm an elf.  Why?"

The flea held up the violin.  "I just hoped someone would teach me to play."

"Well," Etwas said while thinking.  "Wanna go jump up and down on a cat?  That's a great game!"

"I know that game.  I want someone to teach me how to play the violin"

"Gosh."

"Fleas have so many sorrows.  I want to be the best blues player of all."

Etwas considered this.  "But, aren't demons always happy?" she asked.

And ever since then, whenever a flea meets an elf, they just cut straight to the cat-hopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment